The Apprentice Experience is both ecumenical and inclusive. We are open to men and women who are seeking God and who desire growth while in Christian community. We encourage Christians from any ethnic background or people with disabilities to apply.
Interested participants should possess most of the following:
- Sense a call to Christian Spiritual Formation.
- Seek a transformational experience amongst a combination of clergy and laity in an ecumenical setting.
- Motivated to participate in a learning environment that consists of reading, synthesis and interaction.
- Desire to explore a personal journey towards Christlikeness and the ever-present Kingdom of God.
- Possess an ability and willingness to engage in deep spiritual dialogue, even if it involves personal conflict and/or struggle.
What others have to say about the Apprentice Experience:
The cost of the Apprentice Experience is $6,000, which includes lodging, meals, instructors, books and some supplies. Travel to the four retreat locations is not included in the cost. Three installments of $2,000 are spread out to make payments easier for the participants.
The Apprentice Experience is intended to be a spiritual investment, not a financial burden. The goal is to enhance your journey in discipleship. While we recognize that the tuition is a factor in the decision to apply, we do not want cost to be the only reason to prevent participation. There is a limited amount of financial assistance available through private contributions to the Apprentice Institute. Please be considerate of those who truly need help in this area. We also suggest checking with your local church to see if financial support is available.